The other day I had a brainstorm and thought I’d hook up my iPad to my EVH 5150III Micro Stack.
The results were pretty impressive!
Using a Free App (which is upgradable for a small fee, unlocking extra cool features) I was able to run high quality effects and amplifier modelling into the Micro Stack.
Instead of just enjoying this tone for myself, I thought I’d shoot a video and share it all with you.
Here’s how I did it.
- I used the following app: JamUp – Guitar Amps and Multi-Effects Processor
- To get my guitar signal into the iPad I used an Apogee Jam96K interface (for Mac users, you can also use this for a computer recording interface)
- Used a 1/8″ headphone cable and used a 1/8″ to 1/4″ adapter on other end
- 1/8″ end goes from ipad headphone out, 1/4″ to input of Micro Stack
- Set the microstack to as clean a tone as possible, gain next to nothing, volume well over half, and tone somewhat neutral (straight up 12:00 position)
- Chose an appropriate tone setup, Mesa type amp, with reverb, delay and noise gate pedals
And that’s it! You be the judge, kinda cool!!!!